Whether it's dirt in the mudroom or mildew in the shower, grout can be difficult to clean. It's usually light in color, making it stain easily causing cleaning to become even harder. So here we break it down for you and solve all your grout troubles.
- Start with warm water and a stiff bristled brush. Scrub in circular motions.
- For tougher stains, mix half warm water with half vinegar. Spray and let stand 5 minutes. Then scrub in circles like before.
- For even more power, make a paste with baking soda and water and spread over the grout. Then spray on your vinegar solution and wait for foaming to stop. Then scrub again.
- If none of that works, you can use oxygen bleach. Make sure you follow the manufacturer's directions and have plenty of ventilation. Usually let this sit on the grout for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
- For an environmentally friendly option, try steam cleaning!
- And lastly, make sure you keep up on it! Spray your vinegar mixture and wipe down once a week. Or you can use alcohol wipes for a quick option.